Effective Date: October 26, 2018
Checkers Cleaning Supply Privacy Statement
Checkers Marketing Inc. operating as Checkers Cleaning Supply (the “Company”) considers “personal information” to be information about an identifiable individual or company. We do not consider public information found in directories and listings, or business names, addresses and/or contact numbers to be considered personal information.
We have adopted as Company policy, the 10 personal information privacy principles stated in the Canadian Standards Association (CAN/CSA) Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. The 10 principles are as follows:
- Accountability. We identify individuals in our Company who are to be specifically responsible for our compliance with the CSA Code. Their responsibilities include making sure that the Company, our employees and third parties who may process personal information on our behalf comply with the CSA Code.
- Reason for Collection. We collect and use personal information about our customers to identify them, to communicate with them, to protect the Company and its customers against error and fraud, to understand what products and services our customers want, to provide information about our products and services to our customers, and as required or permitted by law.
- Consent. Before collecting, using or disclosing any personal information, we ensure that we have the individual’s consent in an appropriate form, except where required or permitted by law.
- Limiting Collection. We collect personal information for the purposes stated above unless we receive consent from the individual to collect it for another purpose or unless required or permitted by law.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention. We use and disclose an individual’s personal information for the purposes stated above, unless we have the individual's consent to using or disclosing it for another purpose or unless required or permitted by law, which may include lawful access by Canadian courts or governmental authorities. We keep personal information about individuals for as long as we need it to fulfill our stated purposes or as otherwise required by law.
Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred from Web sites to your computer’s hard drive and they may serve a variety of purposes (web beacons, Flash cookies and other similar technologies may also be used for these purposes). For example, cookies “remember” you when you log into the Company’s Web sites and make your experience more user-friendly. Cookies help us identify which Web pages of the Company are visited and how often, and to evaluate how our Web sites are used so we can improve these services. Cookies also enable the Company to deliver targeted advertising to you. The Company adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. You can learn more about third party advertiser cookies by visiting www.youradchoices.ca. If your browsers are configured to reject cookies, or if you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or change web browsers, your opt-out may become ineffective and may need to be repeated.
- Accuracy. We maintain all personal information in our possession in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards. We have implemented measures designed to protect all personal information in our possession from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or inadvertent destruction. We maintain technical, physical and administrative security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness. We make this Corporate Privacy Statement readily available on our Web site. Individuals may make inquiries about our personal information practices by contacting our Marketing Coordinator by telephone (800-265-5756), by mail (Checkers Cleaning Supply 2371 Scanlan Street, London, ON N5W 6G9) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Individual Access. We provide individuals with access to the personal information about him or her that we have in our possession, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. Individuals may request access to their personal information in our possession by contacting our privacy officer in writing at the contact information noted above. An individual may also request updating or the correction of inaccuracies in their personal information. In the event that the individual demonstrates that the information that we have in our possession is inaccurate or incomplete, we will make any appropriate changes.
- Challenging Compliance. An individual may address any issues about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information by contacting our privacy officer by any of the means noted above.
The foregoing is the Corporate Privacy Statement of Checkers Marketing Inc., which carries on business in Canada under the name "Checkers Cleaning Supply."
If you have any questions about Checkers Marketing Inc. customer privacy practices, please contact our privacy officer by:
Checkers Cleaning Supply
2371 Scanlan Street
London, ON N5W 6G9
Attn: Customer Privacy Department
1 800 265 5756
Effective Date: October 26, 2018
This Privacy Statement describes our handling of Personal Information in connection with your presence in our location and your use of our website, mobile apps and the services we provide. By using our website and services, you hereby consent to these terms.
“Personal Information” refers to information that identifies you as an individual. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect, use, share, and protect, your Personal Information, and choices you have regarding your Personal Information. We encourage you to read this Privacy Statement and to consult our Privacy Officer should you have any questions or concerns related to it.
1. Categories of Personal Information You Provide or We Collect.
We collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Information You Provide Us Directly. We collect personally identifiable and transactional information (purchase-related history) which you provide us directly, for example, in connection with a purchase or a promotion.
- Information We Receive from Other Parties. We may combine the information we receive from you with information we receive from other sources.
To learn more about automated tracking technologies, contact our Privacy Officer.
Our websites and mobile services are intended for a general audience and are not directed toward children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
Personal Information may be used for the following purposes:
- Our Products & Services. We use Personal Information to process and fulfill your orders, refunds or exchanges, requests for products, services or information, to provide customer service, to customize your shopping experience, to identify your preferences, and to provide you services across multiple devices.
- Marketing and Advertising. We may use Personal Information to administer promotions, and to market products and services, including serving you interest-based advertising. For more information on interest-based advertising, contact our Privacy Officer.
Other Uses. We use Personal Information for other reasons, including conducting research and analysis; preventing or mitigating fraud and credit risk; and complying with legal matters, investigations, and applicable laws and regulations.
3. How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with other parties in the following instances:
- With Our Third-Party Service Providers: To process transactions or provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to providers of product delivery services (for example Purolator) and website analytics (for example Google Analytics).
- For Marketing Purposes: To notify you of offers for products or services that may be of interest to you. We do not share credit card or other financial information for marketing purposes.
- For Corporate Transactions: In connection with a merger, acquisition or sale involving all or a portion of our company.
4. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
a. To Stop Certain Collection and Use of Your Personal Information:
Marketing Emails and Texts
- You can stop promotional emails from us by using the “unsubscribe” link on our promotional emails. Please confirm the highlighted information to be true.
- You can stop marketing text messages, by replying “STOP” our promotional text messages, or
- You can contact us with your request as noted in the How to Contact Us section below.
You can opt-out of tracking used to understand website utilization provided by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell certain websites you do not want your online activities tracked. Our website, like many other retailers, do not have this functionality.
b. To Change or Correct Your Personal Information
At any time, you can request access to your personal information, request that any inaccuracies be corrected, or request that comments or explanations be added to records about you.
You may contact us with changes as described in the How To Contact Us section. To prevent unauthorized changes, we may ask for certain information to verify your identity before we process such requests.
Although we will do our best to make your requested changes, in some cases (for example, if it requires a disproportionate technical or practical cost or effort or if it conflicts with our legal obligations or business requirements) we may be unable to do so completely.
5. How We Protect Your Personal Information
We employ technical, physical and administrative safeguards to protect your Personal Information. However, we cannot guarantee your information will be completely safe against unauthorized access. Please use caution when sharing your information with others and take appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality of your username and password.
If you think the Personal Information you provided to us has been improperly accessed or used, or if you suspect that unauthorized purchases have been made on our websites using your Personal Information, please contact us immediately.
Our website may contain links to, or plugins or widgets from, social media or other websites operated and maintained by third parties. These properties, which we do not control, operate independently and have their own privacy practices and statements, which we encourage you to review.